Spring finally came. The park, which surrounds our company – yes, we are blessed to work in such a wonderful environment – is full of marvelous bird tweets. Every voice is different, unique and they come into one wonderful symphony altogether. And now, some flyers are playing beyond my window. Amazing..
It’s a relaxing time when all of us recover from a long, cold and dark winter. And search for something new, light, fresh and different. Why it couldn’t be linen? Let’s talk a bit about linen advantages. Yesterday I spent whole afternoon seeking for it. And it was soo worth it! I knew some but never imagined that the list is way longer.
The advantages of linen:
1) Reducing perspiration (like my teacher used to say: “men sweat, women perspire” (grin)). When wearing linen clothes perspiration is up to 1.5 times lower than wearing cotton clothes and twice lower than wearing viscose.
2) Warming up in cool and cooling in hot days because of a linen property to absorb temperature fluctuations. Linen maintains right microclimate between human’s body and a cloth.
3) Most effective of all fabrics in absorbing moisture. Linen doesn’t look moist even when absorbed moisture compounds 1/5 of its weight. Moisture evaporates very quickly from linen and you feel freshness and comfort all the time.
4) Antiallergic. Has strong impact against bacteria and fungus. You can avoid common rash yet fungous or chronic eczemas when wearing pure linen clothes.
5) Most favourable material for bed linen. Linen bed sheets diffuses moisture equally, maintains stable body temperature, summarizing – gives comfort to men’s sleep. According Japanese researchers study results bed-ridden patients do not develop bedsores where linen bed sheets are used.
6) Linen cloth does not accumulate static electricity - even a small addition of flax fibers (up to 10%) to a cloth is enough to eliminate the static electricity effect.
7) Lasting and durable. Characterizes in high resistance to friction and stretching (3 times more than cotton). Does not fray and tear for long even when wore frequently.
8) Easy to care. Can be laundered in hot water, may be boiled (white) and dried in the sun, besides they may be hot-ironed.
9) More you use linen it gets softer and milder.
10) Do not need to be explained what beautiful and stylish linen products are (garments, accessories, home textile). You just need to take a look at Linen Fashion offers.
Nice... But it is not over for sure. Reading various articles and other material you could find much more good advantages of linen. Try to find it, it’s really interesting. And... Enjoy the spring!Yours, T.